[Last updated: 5 December 2019]
- We're the data controller in respect of your personal data.
Our full name: Morphe Cosmetics Limited
Our contact details: Suite 1, 3rd Floor 11 - 12 St. James's Square, London, United Kingdom, SW1Y 4LB
Registered in England and Wales under company number 10771654.
The "Website" is the website at: https://eu.morphe.com/
- We collect the following information directly from you:
- details of the transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of purchases you make from any of our stores;
- photos which you submit for our #MorpheBabe campaign;
- information that you provide to us when you create an account with Morphe (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when you complete the order form to purchase a product from the Website (e.g. contact phone number, billing address and delivery address);
- information that you provide to us when you sign up to our mailing list;
- information that you provide to us if you email us about a question, complaint or to report a problem with the Website or an issue in store;
- information that you provide us when you sign up for a masterclass, future make-up service or other event (including any appointment booking and information given during appointment);
- your image when taking photographs/filming at in-store events. We display notices in our stores to inform you of this and how you can notify us if you do not wish to be photographed/filmed.
- your social media username/handle, if you interact with Morphe on social media; and
- if you contact us by email, phone or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We use your information for the following purposes:
- to process any orders which you place through the Website (including delivering to you any products which you've ordered through the Website and providing you with an order confirmation email and an order dispatch email);
- to find out what you and other customers like;
- to take payment and to provide you with any refunds;
- to issue you with an e-receipt;
- to provide you with any customer support and handle any cancellation or refund requests;
- to upload your photos to the #MorpheBabe part of the Website and our social channels (e.g. our Instagram page);
- to notify you about recommended products and our new products or offers (we'll only send you direct marketing by email if you've given us prior consent to receive it, or if we've collected your personal data during a sale or negotiations for sale of products). If you'd like to stop receiving these messages from us at any time, you can opt out by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the email or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- The legal basis for processing your personal data: we process your personal data either on the basis of your consent, where this has been given unambiguously, or on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (if you would like to purchase a product from the Website or in store), or on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in operating and making available the Website.
- The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are:
- our third party suppliers who help us to fulfil any order that you place on the Website or any purchase you make in store e.g. our delivery company and third party payment processor;
- our third party suppliers who help us maintain the Website and run our business e.g. our hosting provider, Website developers, marketing agencies and our IT support team;
- any third party who has complained that you have posted something on the Website that is not yours or that you didn't have permission to post; and
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
We may also disclose your personal data to any prospective buyer of our business or assets.
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV) operates inside our stores for security purposes. The information is viewed by us on a live feed and we may record it. The purpose for processing this information is for security and safety reasons for our staff, our customers and our stores. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is our legitimate interest to maintain safe, secure and efficient store operation
- We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
- Our parent company is based in the United States and as a result we will transfer, store and hold your data in the United States. We will transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, to the United States pursuant to the standard data protection clauses that have been put in place within our business.
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- The personal data will be stored for as long as you have an account with Morphe, or as long as is needed to fulfil any order which you make through the Website or in store. We keep our CCTV footage for as long as necessary to investigate an issue; otherwise, we delete the footage every 31 days. We keep some of your personal data for longer if we are required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce the Website terms and conditions, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete and destroy it.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability. If you would like to do so, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
- Your provision of personal data to us is not in general subject to a contractual or legal requirement, although it is subject to a contractual requirement in the event of a purchase of products from the Website or in store. In all other circumstances, if you choose not to supply your personal data to us, however, you may not be able to access certain areas of the Website, nor use certain services.
- We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the Website.